Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stripped Down



This is what I did with the bike after having it a while. I had dropped it a couple of times in loose gravel which is kind of embarrassing but I think it happens to a lot of people. Needless to say the turn signals were the first things I removed and I traced back the wires and removed them.

After a half a season of riding it, I quickly realized I needed to tune the carb. I completely disassembled it and re-jetted. With the help of the S&S service manual, it runs very well now.

A good buddy of mine sold me a JB front master cylinder and GMA front caliper for a steal.

I stripped the puffy, pillow-top seat and reupholstered it myself using shit I bought from JoAnne Fabrics and a staple gun.

The gas tank is a 4 gallon axed fat bob tank.

I acquired the saddle bags from a friend on the cheap.

It went through many changes and this is what it looked like just before I completely disassembled everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment