Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kidney Killer



Here are a couple photos of the rigid section I had welded on last weekend.

Ivan Iler of Hammer In Hand Custom Cycles did the conversion. I have nothing but good things to say about this guy. He was kind enough to allow me to stick around and shoot the shit, take photos and ask questions about the entire process. Although the day I went up to St. Johns, Michigan to do the damn thing was probably the longest day of my life. Upon calling Ivan and getting the details about the conversion, he told me it'd be about three to four hours to do the work. I ended up chilling there from 10am to 4am (considering daylight savings time I thought it was 3am when I left). But it was worth it! I learned so much watching this guy work.

When it came down to leaving, Ivan said, "I think I made a friend and an enemy today." A friend, yes; an enemy, no way! Thanks Ivan. You do amazing work.

Check out his bike Midnight Oil on the cover of the March issue of the Horse Backstreet Choppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment