Monday, July 18, 2011

Swap Meet Scores



This was my first year attending the Wauseon, Ohio swap meet. It's supposed to be the second largest in the country. When we first arrived, I was overwhelmed. So much to look at and we had all weekend to check it out. The races on Friday were the highlight of the event. I had never seen flat track racing and these were antiques out in the dirt. Most notably, a 1941 Indian killed this track. The guy racing the bike said he hadn't been on a bike in 10 years. Then he proceeds to lap 2nd place!! WTF?!?

The parts above are what I could afford to buy. The handle bars came off a 1939 Knucklehead. Someone modified the center of the clamp to use for an inline springer but will still work for my offset forks. There's an early inner tin and a really cool STOP light off an old truck. I bought some Michiana Metal Polish and some buffing accessories. I got a kicker arm with a pedal and an awesome points cover. It has the red white and blue "AMF" as an acronym for Adios Mother Fucker. I'll probably run it since my shovelhead is from the AMF years.

No comments:

Post a Comment