Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cold Weather

As the cold weather sets in, I'm beginning to scheme on the Shovelhead. I've taken off the tanks and drained them to find a half inch of sawdust sitting on the frame. The guy I bought it from had the bike stored in his wood shop. I removed the Super B and tore it apart to dip it. It had some crusty shit in it but it cleaned up really well. I'm positive that I'm getting rid of the Super Bowl/accelerator pump set up. It came with the original bowl so that'll go back on.

I still can't decide whether or not to keep it a swing arm frame or hard-tail it. I really like the looks of the forged axle plates being reproduced but I also have seen some wicked swing arm shovels being built in Japan. I have a friend that has the chrome shocks I'd run with a round swing arm but he may want too much for them. More details and photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment