Friday, August 13, 2010

New Project Bike




1979 Shovelhead 1200.

I constantly tell the older folks around me, "If you know anyone with an old Harley sitting around, let me know. I might buy it." Well, that shit finally paid off. And I got a killer deal on this shovelhead. It has a little over thirty thousand miles and, believe it or not, does NOT leak oil. It came with some extra parts, service manual and receipts from when it was rebuilt in 1990. The guy I bought it from said he probably hadn't put over 1000 miles on it since the rebuild. The bike basically sat in his garage because of a low speed accident that banged him and his ol' lady up pretty good. It has an S&S Super B carburetor that I'm excited about. The whole bike needs to be gone over but what old Harley doesn't? I even drove it home after buying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment